Google AdSense is a fast and easy way for website owners to earn an income by placing ads on their website. Website owners (Website publishers) make money either on a per-click or per-impression basis, that is, either when a visitor clicks on AdSense ad or when an AdSense ad is displayed.
Here are a few reasons that make Google AdSense more popular ads program among website owners over typical banner ad programs.
1. The ads are provided by Google Adwords with its own search technology based on website content. This means the ads are relevant to the content, and visitors will be less offended by the advertisements.
2. It’s easy to set up and implement. It provides decent tools to track campaigns and to report statistics. It’s an ideal tool for beginner publishers to learn online advertisement.
3. The payment system is reliable and trustworthy. It has paid for hundreds of thousands of website owners over the years.
4. It doesn’t require minimum traffic to start. It can be difficult to find banner programs or advertisement programs when you don’t have a lot of traffic yet. Google AdSense doesn’t have that limitation.
5. While the program provides enough tools and features to do some experiments, you can leave as it is if you want. AdSense takes a lot of maintenance work away from you and you can concentrate on writing more content.
6. It provides multiple ad formats such as text, image, video (recently added), search box and referral ads.